"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Friday, August 27, 2010

Freezer Paper Stenciling

Photobucket

Ever wanted to print something on a T-shirt but knew if you tried it yourself it would end up like some puffy paint project gone wrong? Well worry no more! This little project is just for you.

I already have a ton more ideas running though my mind of things I want to try with this technique. I origionally found this idea in a Library book, but I also saw it at MADE. Then I knew I had to try it.

What you need:
Freezer paper (the kind with the plastic coating on the backside)
Soft Fabric Paint (I got mine at Michael's Crafts)
Foam Brushes
T-shirt, or other fabric.
Marker
Exacto knife and cutting board if your project is detailed.


How:


Choose the shape you want to print onto the fabric and print it out on your compter on regular printer paper. You can do letters, or simple shapes whatever you want. I choose this leaf. I wanted to do something a bit detailed to see how well this project really worked. Honestly simple shapes would be fine!!! Don't get overwhelmed by what I choose.
Photobucket

The smaller one, but it was a bit too detailed for a stencil so I shaded in certain parts so that it looked like this.
Photobucket

Then I took my freezer paper and placed it over the pattern and traced it.
Photobucket

So it looked like this outline.
Photobucket

I then cut out parts of the leaf leaving this. I also cut a boarder around the leaf in this case. Take these pieces and iron them onto your fabric. The plastic sticks to the fabric and provides a paint proof seal.
Photobucket

Then get out your fabric paint and paint over the open parts of the stencil.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Let your paint dry, and peel off your freezer paper to reveal your crisp image.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I used my image on a fall dress I made for my daughter out of T-shirts I got for $1 at Menard's. But to see that you need to go to THIS post.

1 comment: