"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Giant Bubble Maker




Welcome to another post of Grandma's Treasures.

Today's objects were found in Grandma Bauer's garage. Nothing fancy, nothing anyone would be super excited about. But me? I was PUMPED!
But to be honest I was not sure when I took them what I wanted them for.. I remembered wanting dowels for something...

Objects:
Wooden dowels
A ball of String
Some drill bits, my husband grabbed from grandma's garage.
A washer, I actually took quite a few washers but we only need one for this project
Eye Screws, I grabbed a handful of these, these were the smallest two I grabbed, they are not the same size, but that is fine for this project.

Turns out I had been wanting to make a giant bubble maker since early spring, but I didn't want to go out and buy the things I needed to make it. I usually just mark things in my brain for a rainy day, and while it is not raining today. Today was the day.

I found this bubble solution recipe today and there they were, bubble wands!

Using a drill and small drill bit I predrilled holes into the end of the dowels so I could screw in the eye screws.

Once the screws were in I needed to get a little funky with some color.


Just a quick spray paint job.

Then I took the string and cut one long piece and one short piece.
Tie the end of the long piece to one of the eye holes and then put the washer on the string. Then tie the other end to the other eye hole.
Tie each end of the short string to one eye hole each.


Next you need to mix up your bubble solution.
Visit Design Dazzle where I got the recipe,!
They may have a few extra pointers for the bubble wand as well.


Here we are mixing up our bubbles. I was worried about how they would work. We had a few bubble solution flops this spring.

But.....


We were NOT disappointed!
Which is why I was excited to share the recipe with you!

Dip the string, washer and tips of the sticks into your bubble solution.
We found if you lifted it all the way out of the bucket before you opened it, the bubble wouldn't pop on the edge of the bucket.

We got some big bubbles!

Some really big bubbles!

Some really LONG bubbles too!

It takes some practice to close them off you have to move the sticks back together. I could do it fine, but it was hard to take a picture of a bubble you just blew.









3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Those bubbles are huge!!! i have a one year old and bubbles are her favorite thing right now!!! She would love this!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!! My grandbabies are going to LOVE THIS!!! Thanks so much for sharing :))
    LOVE FROM TEXAS!!
    ~~Michella~~
    www.michellamarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from Someday Crafts. Would love to have you link this up at my {wow me} wednesday link up party going on right now. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete