"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

!!! BRIGHT !!! Pasta Mmmmm

Photobucket

So we have noodle eaters in our house. They LOVE pasta. Just plain with sprinkle cheese. They are happy with it no matter what. Easy quick last minute meal for them when I can't think of anything else.

A friend was talking about coloring dry pasta for art projects yesterday and I thought... Lets color the cooked pasta tonight!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So we did! I cooked a whole box of pasta, then divided it in three. I used our bright neon food coloring, mixed it with a bit of water and put the dry cooked pasta in a Ziploc and moved it around until coated. The blue worked best, I had the most water in that bag and dumped out extra liquid after the noodles were colored.


Photobucket
The other two colors came out a bit uneven because I put the food coloring on the pasta in the bag instead of mixing it with the water first.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My daughter has a very bright colored lunch in her thermos today. I hope her classmates think it is "SOOO COOOL" how could they not?

No comments:

Post a Comment