"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, May 3, 2010

Fairy Cookie Wands

Photobucket

While I got the origional idea for these wands here, and was planning on doing them this way. I lucked out on one of my usual thrift shopping trips and found a baking pan that made the star shapes for me.

What I used:
Star shapped pan, but you can use star shaped cookie cutter like the link above.
Bamboo scewers
Food bags
Ribbon
Frosting
Sprinkles
Little cups
plastic knives

How I did it:
Soak your bamboo scewers in water before baking, this will keep them from turning dark brown and looking burned in the oven.
I used a cookie mix and filled the molds, I had sprayed with PAM, putting the stick in and covering the end well. As you can see in my picture I could only bake 3 at a time and fit the long bamboo scewers in. If I did both sides it was too wide to fit in the oven.

Photobucket

Once your cookies are done baking in the oven, let cookies cool before moving them otherwise they are too soft and your stick will fall out.
After they cool the cookie sets up and the sticks stay well.

Photobucket

For the party, I prepped frostin in individual plastic cups with a knife in each and another little plastic cup with sprinkles.

Photobucket

This Food Prep Time Saver Idea was helpful so that it was all ready to do and you don't have to walk around the table passing out frosting and sprinkles. It also makes it so that the project is all theirs. If you put frosting on their cookie, or knife, for them you are taking away from some of the fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Decorate! When each child was done I had a bag ready to go to put them in and ribbon ready to tie on around the bag.

Photobucket

These went in their bags ready to take home since we were already having cupcakes at the party. So it ended up being a party favor, and activity in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment