"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Knee Pad Pants

Photobucket

Yep I am at it again... I always have to be doing something..

I got the tutorial for this project here Dana from MADE rocks! This is where I first started getting refashioning ideas. and thought it was so awesome since I had just asked around a few months ago on how to prevent my son from wearing out his pants from crawling so much. Well he did wear some out. This pair.

Photobucket

Of course they were his older brother's first so they were not new by any means.
They are GAP fully lined and button crotch. Perfect for this project!

Photobucket

I actually had them marked for rummage for a whole 25 cents because of the knee holes starting.

Photobucket

I tried them on my son quick and discovered they do still fit him although he has been wearing an identical pair the next size up that do not have holes.

I also had this marked on the rummage for 25 cents. It is stained and too small for my daughter now. But I got to thinking that I can use the fabric and pieces of this sweatshirt for much more than just this project and so I decided to grab the scissors.

Photobucket

I cut two oval shapes. What is cool about this project is that you do not have to have finished edges, that is part of the look these days.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I sewed the ovals on the pants in the knee area. I did two circles around the outside parallel to each other than 1/4" lines across.

Photobucket

Photobucket

LOVE THEM!! So does the cutest baby model in the whole world!!! My baby boy!
Funny thing is that although I am not selling them on the rummage now, I could totally sell them for much more than the 25 cents they were marked at.

Here is our backyard photo shoot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

CUTIE PANTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment