"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wild Kratts Birthday Party!

GO WILD KRATTS!

Here is it the blog post you have all been waiting and searching for! There is no Wild Kratts merchandise on the market (I know, I've looked) so what is one supposed to do when your child wants a Wild Kratts Birthday Party???  Well you do it yourself!

 Creature Power Suits

Cut black polar fleece for front part. Add different colored paw prints and squares out of other polar fleece. One of our suits had T-shirt material for paw print.


Neither polar fleece nor T-shirt material will fray so just pin it on top and sew around the outside to hold them in place. The suits are held on by elastic straps that criss-cross across their backs. So they put them on like a shirt.

Games
We played two games. To earn Creature Power badges.

Cheetah Tail Tag: Give each child a tail by tucking some ribbon or non stick plastic tape, found by caution tape in hardware stores, into the back of their pants. It needs to be someplace that it can easily be pulled off. All kids are "IT" in this game. Everyone tries to run around and pull off everyone's tails. Even if your tail is grabbed you can still keep playing and try to remove other's tails off.


Fun Cheetah Facts:Cheetahs can run really fast and you will have to run fast in this game. Cheetahs have long tails that fly behind them when they run. They use their tails for balance when they change directions.


Everyone ran, and ran and ran. Lots of giggles and running and cheering. Everyone ended up with a Cheetah Creature Power Badge




Creature Power Snack
After all that running everyone rested on the bench and had a Creature Power snack. What does a Cheetah like to eat? Other animals of course. What did our Cheetah's eat?  Animal Crackers of course!




Firefly Says: Yep you guessed it is pretty much Simon Says. Except you say "firefly says". Firefly says.... flap your wings, fly in a circle, flash your lights by blinking your hands.. jump high... touch your toes... etc.




If your fireflies do a good job they can earn their Firefly Creature Power Badge and our little fireflies also got their glow power with these battery operated glow sticks.







THE CAKE!!!


My son's favorite!! Chocolate Pizza!!! I posted about it before here. This time I just added a creature paw print with frosting and spelled Wild Kratts on it. You can't really see my letters with all that yummy goodness in the way. Who cares it tasted awesome, and looks so colorful. It was a lot easier to haul this into the zoo then a cake as well.


Super happy b-day boy!



Where were we??
These photos may give you a clue!





There are lots of creatures to discover at the Zoo!

Linking up here:





A Crafty Soiree
 

Go Wild Kratts!

Disclaimer!!: I love that you are all excited about the Creature Power Suits, but I am not in the busness of making and selling them. Although I am flattered by your comments, I will not be making these for purchase for anyone.. I am not trying to be rude, I just don't have the time with three kiddos, to be sewing for others. The suits are super simple and if you know anyone who sews they will be able to make them for you, but that person cannot be me for any price.

45 comments:

  1. OMG!! Thank you so much!! This is exactly what I am going to be doing in about a month!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! I'm going to do the same as well next month. Love everything, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the polar fleece to make the jackets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is also insisting on a Wild Kratts party this year! Love your ideas. I will probably use a few. We had some of the same ideas on things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! I wish I'd been so creative a month ago... maybe we could have a themed playdate in the summer instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Son Wants The Red Wild Kratts Creature Power Suits Can I Buy the Red One From You.


    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS. IS. AWESOME!!!! my kids love wild kratts, especially my son and this is awesome because he has been wanting more play clothes. he would absolutely love this!! thanks so much for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I used your creature power templates and can't wait to play these great games at my son's birthday party next week. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ideas are amazing. My son is addicted to Wild Kratts. Do you have the other creature templates available besides the tiger and firefly?
    Thanks so much!

    becca3@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome ideas!!! My son loves Wild Kratts, and there is nothing out there in the market. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is soooo helpful! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much. My son wants a creature power suit for Halloween, so I will be making him one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the great ideas! I need to make one of those cute creature power suits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ideas-- both my son and daughter want to be wild kratts for halloween- so this will come in very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you SO much for this. Both of my sons want to be Chris and Martin for Halloween. I was a little stumped till I found your site. My boys will be so happy. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! We will be copying your ideas this Halloween--thank you so much for sharing!! Your party was so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. My boys want to be Chris & Martin for Halloween and I wasn't sure how to do it--easy and inexpensive idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not crafty AT ALL - can I buy the blue Creature Power Suit from you???

    Thank you from a Wild Kratts fanatic mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What awesome tips! My son wants to be one for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are now officially my Wild Kratts Maven! @Amber, my son wanted to be a Wild Kratt for Halloween, too, but settled for Green Lantern. But these ideas will definitely help with his Dec. birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for the inspiration, we made power suits for our boys for Halloween they are 6 and 3. I could not find and power disks so I made a set of 8 in Photoshop. If anyone wants them drop me e-mail and I will send them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Or you can download them from:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/117543695254391463562/WildKrattsPowerDisks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Any chance I could hire you to make some power suits for a Feb bday party?
    My email: sdzanos@yahoo.com

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. as everyone else has said. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I am SO excited about this. My kids are obsessed with WK and they want power suits for Christmas. Thanks for the help! I'm excited to have found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG...some great ideas and I can see me using them next year for my son's 6th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can you make me some and I'll pay for them? My son would love them for a Christmas present. Please email me at woodard.andrae22@gmail.com if your willing and able to do this for me. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. James--thanks for sharing your photoshop power disks!! super helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks! My son has been asking for a creature power suit for Christmas! Yours are darling! I'm on my way to Joanne's!

    Those that want to buy these should check out etsy.com, you can make a request for anything to be made and etsy sellers can give you a bid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Etsy is the place to for that stuff! Some sellers now have the suits posted.

      Delete
  32. Martin Chris can you please send me a creature power suit with the disk pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeas i am size xl and blue write back at heik58@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your blog post about the Wild Kratt Party!! Your kiddos are super lucky to have such a creative mommy as yourself! And I just love your name -- because I'm a Kara, too! ;) A friend of mine is having a Wild Kratt party and I'm making her cookies for it. You've given me some great ideas! Thank you for sharing! - Kara from Cookies in the Cupboard

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a god send! Thank you!!! I am not crafty, but am always willing to try something. I can't sew, so does anyone know if hot glue or something would work to make the creature power suits? Maybe a t-shirt and t-shirt paint? Thanks for all your input! My son won't stop talking about the Wild Kratts, so this will help!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Our kids would be great friends! Just last week, I was looking for an orca costume idea for my son's ocean parade at school. I pretty much copied the one you made. He loved it! This week, my 3 boys want creature power suits so I'm back at your blog! Looks like a great party! Thanks for all the inspiration!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is fantastic! My 4 1/2 year old has not mentioned a WK themed party, but he has mentioned that he wants a creature power suit, so maybe I'll just make one for him for a present. It'll probably take me that long to do it anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yay! Love this idea! My son loves Wild Kratts and I was looking for a theme for his October birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh you rock!!!! My son is also a huge Wild Kratts fan and his birthday is coming up in October. Yay for ideas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm kinda in love with your disclaimer. =) Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  40. check ebay if anyone wants to purchase..

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a fantastic idea! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you so much for this! I am excited to play these games at my son's Wild Kratts party next week! Kelly

    ReplyDelete