"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Crayon Wrapper Fall Tree Art

Photobucket

How:
Photobucket
Have your child trace their hand and arm on a piece of paper like this.

Then color it in brown
Photobucket

Photobucket

The fingers are the tree branches and the arm is the tree trunk.

Place dots of glue on the top of the tree and have your child place pieces of colorful paper on the glue dots. We used crayon wrappers leftover from this project.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
My 3 year old's masterpiece.

Photobucket
My 5 year old's masterpiece.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this project. I think my daughter & I are gonna make this and then frame it. Fall/Autumn is my favorite time of year.
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh RATS we just peeled a bunch of our crayons in readiness to melt down broken ones and I blew it by throwing all the wrappers away! This is such a cool way to use them! Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! i'm your newest follower
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete