"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Flower Brooch

Photobucket


I was hanging out on Craigslist a few months ago and came across someone getting rid of all their cotton fabric. Well of course it was a deal I didn't want to pass on since there was some cute pieces of fabric in there and honestly the price was right.
I however was not that excited about these prints at the time.

Photobucket

But now as fall starts to peek it's head around the corner these prints are looking like more of a good fit for this cooler weather.

I have been wanting to do a fabric flower brooch on the blog for a while but was thinking of waiting until mother's day or sometime you may have a good use for it. But with this fabric in hand and fall clothing coming out who wouldn't love an easy accessory?

This is not the fabric flower I was going to show you how to make but it is even easier than the other one and a good fit for my multiple fall toned fabrics.

What you need:
Fabric
Scissors
Needle and thread
Pin backing
Bead,or button of choice.

How:
I used a kids drinking cup to trace a circle onto the fabric.
Photobucket

Next I cut circles out of my other fabrics. They do not have to be perfect circles, just make sure each new circle is smaller than the one before it.
Photobucket

Place circles on top of each other and secure with a needle and thread.
Photobucket



Pick out beads of choice. Here is what I was choosing from
Photobucket

A plastic bead.
Photobucket

Three grey pearl like beads.
Photobucket

A button
Photobucket

Or a round wooden bead.
Photobucket
I decided on a wooden bead, since the wood reminded me of a fall tree branch. I would have liked three smaller wooden beads, but I just used what I had on hand.
I secured the bead with needle and thread and then stitched the pin to the back.

Photobucket
I wanted it to bubble a bit so I put a few stitches further out from the the center to gather it a bit but you wouldn't have to.

I am looking forward to how the fabric will fray after a while to give it a more rag look. Either way I think it is a nice fall accessory.

You would wear it on a sweater

Photobucket


On denim

Photobucket

Or on any jacket

Photobucket

Start to finish it took under ten minutes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is after I frayed the edges a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment