"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Laptop Case Upgrade

Photobucket

On top of my crafting I am a huge thrift shopper.
This was one of my finds. It was $.25

What is it?? Well...

Photobucket

When I bought it I thought it was a travel diaper changing pad. It opens completely flat and has Velcro on both sides. Yet when I first tried to use it as one it totally didn't work and so I just tossed it in a closet.

Photobucket

Then when I got my netbook at Christmas last year, I didn't have a case for it and randomly remembered this. I am sure that it was meant for something like this because it really does work well. Yet I was a little bored with the plain brown.

Photobucket

A friend of mine today had asked if anyone made laptop cases and it reminded me that I was planning on adding some pizazz to mine so thus my project for the day.

I discovered that freezer paper stenciling doesn't work the best on this type of fabric. I can't tell you for sure what kind of fabric this is because there is no tag on this item.

Yet it was fun and I like it all the same.

Photobucket
I had to free hand my artwork today, while looking at a drawing on the computer. My printer jammed and I think it may have blown out the motor and fried the thing. :( But I was impressed with myself.

Photobucket
If you are wondering about the symbols. It is Korean for "Hope"

Photobucket
The freezer paper didn't stick as well to this material so it did bleed a bit under the edges of the stencil. I honestly thought the fabric would melt so I didn't push the heat too much.

Photobucket
Still... Much better don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment