"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, October 25, 2010

Painted Pumpkins

Photobucket

My mother actually had around 100 of these short cut landscape timbers in her garage from another project she no longer makes.
She asked if I could use them for anything. I said YES!

Photobucket

Thus for The Hood Magazine October free family craft project we painted them to look like pumpkins. Then added a plastic leaf and a stem made from a brown paper sack. A staple gun helped hold the top decorations in place.

Photobucket

Great activity that worked for ALL ages. Everyone could get as fancy or as simple as they wanted.

Photobucket

We held our activity outdoors at a park. We covered the picnic tables with some black garbage bags to keep the mess down. Lucky that I was looking for a place to re-use a bunch of plastic kids cups I had saved from restaurants. They made great paint holders.

Photobucket

Each painter had a sturdy paper plate that we put their block on, then they used it to carry their project home on too.

Photobucket

Very inexpensive project for us, and it worked out great.

Photobucket
Talk about some Crafting Cuties!

Linking up here..

The Girl Creative

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I wish I would know about this sooner! I just heard about the I Spy craft and will be there tomorrow. I look forward to future free crafting events for little ones! It looks like you have some really great ideas!!! =)

    ReplyDelete