"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thing One and Thing Two

Now that I have had a taste of freezer paper stenciling. I NEEDED to try this out for my nephews birthday presents. They are twins and their second birthday party is tomorrow. I know their mother is a fan of Dr. Seuss story of the Grinch but I thought there was a story that fit my two nephews a bit better.
Photobucket
The Cat in the Hat

I am sure you are wondering why I pick this Dr. Seuss story??
Well be cause of Two Things. Thing One and Thing Two.
Photobucket
Not only do they look fun an Innocent, but they totally destroy the entire house. Humm.... I think the stories I have heard from my brother sound very similar to that of these two things.

And thus the project.... For the detailed Freezer Paper Stencil tutorial visit here.

Photobucket
Lining things up.

Photobucket
Did the white first.

Photobucket
Then covered that, and did the black

Photobucket

I know they are going to be a bit big, but I hear you are in need of some new PJ's and then they can be shirts wen your grow into them. Plus this way if you want to use them for Halloween they will fit over your warm coats!

Photobucket
Maybe big sister needs to consider being the Cat in the Hat for Halloween.

Well... when I went downstairs to look for some tissue to wrap them in, I happened to see the perfect amount of Blue polar fleece and just happened to have a bag full of blue polar fleece strips that I always wondered what I was going to do with. Well isn't it obvious what I needed to do?

What would you do if it happened to you?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Two years ago...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Time Flies!
Photobucket

Photobucket
They are just perfect angles.


But sometimes...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Their mom and dad just may see another side...

Happy Birthday Boys! Love your Auntie!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, and your kids are very lucky to have such a crafty Mom! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Seuss inspired gift is so fun. I love the blue "hair"! I've got to get me some freezer paper stat!!! See you next time at A Crafty Soiree!

    ReplyDelete