"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, April 4, 2011

Planting the Seeds!

We planted our seeds! This year we bought the instant coconut dirt stuff. It comes in a block and you add water and it makes a dirt like material. Then we used coconut cases to plant those in and bought a special plastic box with lid for them to grow in. They have grown the best I have ever seen seeds grow. I recommend using the coconut stuff, and the box with a lid to keep things nice and moist. Perfect growing conditions! Oh and the last few sunny days helped too! Shhh don't tell anyone but I bought the SUPER cheap seeds. Nothing fancy and so far so AWESOME!



Little fingers make great seed holes in the dirt.

Notice the masking tape on the side so we know what we planted where.





Kids love to water, and they can water all they want when your watering can is a sippy cup. This is a great way to keep them from over watering.




 I was surprised at how fast the seeds came up this year, they are growing like crazy! We have some corn, summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, wild flowers, pumpkin, and cucumbers. I can't wait!






This is such a great kid project! Not only do they get to make instant dirt, play with instant dirt, and play with water, they also get to see things grow! Can't wait for it to get warm enough to more our little plants outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment