"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Window Valence to Easter Egg Hunt Skirt


One of my favorite things to do is to walk through thrift stores and find something I can turn into something else. Last week I had a good week.
First I was inspired by Dana over at MADE who posted the simple skirt tutorial, she has posted plans for other skirts in the past including the Market Skirt, with it's gathered pocket how-to.


While thrift shopping I found this!.. A pink window valence. There were two actually for $1. I instantly saw the simple skirt. Practically finished already. That would make it the TOO Simple Skirt!

Look!! The top already has the tunnel for the elastic too!!!



I thought about doing the two layered simple skirt with this second valence. It was too adorable! Also $1. But when I thought about how many skirts I could make from the pink valences I realized it matched the number of little girls who I will be seeing at Easter!!! Jackpot!

I ended up deciding to use the second valence for an extra large Easter Egg pocket. Each pocket can fit 8 of the larger sized plastic eggs! Perfect skirt for an Easter Egg Hunt!

Here is my assembally line. Went super quick since all the seams were done already.



She was quite excited when she saw the pocket!


WOW!.. This is how the cool kids say "WOW" in kindergarten so I have been told. "W" with one hand, "O" with your mouth and another "W" with your other hand.



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I have some extra valances that will probably never get re-used as window treatment. Thanks! and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete