"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Bracelet, Made by My Girl.

Photobucket

This is more of a Father's day celebration post than a tutorial. My daughter decided last night she was going to make a present for her dad for father's day the next morning before her dad woke up.
Unfortunately she didn't know how to make a motorboat when she woke up this morning, liked she hoped she could make, and she didn't realize how much they cost, and that we couldn't ditch the boys to go buy one to surprise him. So... She decided this morning she wanted to make her dad a bracelet.
I wasn't so sure about the idea of dad wearing a bracelet but I knew she could make one and sometimes dad's have to do things just to show they love their little girls, so we headed down to my craft supply stash, which consists of an "unorganized mess" in the basement. We found the bag I had all my beading stuff in. Lots of girly looking beads in there. I didn't think pony beads would cut it for dad, but then I discovered this.

Photobucket

No, they are not Cheerios or uncooked Spaghetti O's and you cannot eat them. They are beads. Some kind of shell type beads I think. Some of my beads came from my grandmother who once bought out a hobby store that was going out of business. I used to have TONS of beads boxes full, but yeas ago I donated a majority to a Camp I used to work at. There were so many that the camp still was using them last summer for camper craft time.

So I gave her the bag of beads and some elastic jewelry chord and told her to go for it. To do whatever she wanted. All one size bead, or all three, it was up to her.
To my surprise she came up with an awesome pattern I never would have thought of and it turned out awesome!

Photobucket

She was pretty excited and of course had to wrap it. Feeling a little backwards this morning with her name I guess. Dad's name could be backwards too, hard to tell.

Photobucket

Dad checking out his gift.

Photobucket

It fits!

Photobucket

And even looks somewhat "MAN"-ly. Even enough to wear out to lunch!

Photobucket

Happy Father's Day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment