"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chewy Peanut Butter Balls


My family has been making these things for years. My grandma made a batch for almost every holiday for the last 5 years, and when I was a little squirt even my daycare lady used to make these. So when I saw something similar pop up on pinteret I figured I better put our version up on my blog.

They are so simple, and so delicious, chewy, and just the perfect combo of sweet and crunch. They work great for road trips and camping. you can even dip one side in almond back and use them for holiday gift exchanges.

They are all around yummo!


I don't think there is much difference in how we make them except we shape ours into balls instead of leaving them in clump form. This makes them store much easier and makes them a bit more portable.

What you need:
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups corn flakes

1. Place some wax paper down on your counter top. 
2. Put six cups of cornflakes in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix sugar and corn syrup in a medium sauce pan.
4. Stir constantly on medium high heat until it comes to a slow boil.
5. Right away remove from heat and mix in your crunchy peanut butter until incorporated and then dump warm mixture into your mixing bowl of corn flakes.
6. Mix until all the cornflakes are covered with the mixture.
7. Drop large spoonfulls onto the wax paper about an inch apart.
8. Once all the mixture is spooned onto the wax paper get your hands wet with water so that they do not stick to the cookies, and form them into balls. Let cool to room temperature and enjoy.

I reccomend storeing in a ziploc baggie, or sealed container, at room temperature. They will begin to get harder each day, and they are the best the first few days, but they should not spoil, so you can keep eating them for much longer, they are just a little harder to bite after that..

Yields around 36 cookies.



Corn flakes and peanut butter give you some good protien and are good for a filling factor.
Great for an on the go energy bite.

You can expect to hear...
"Can I have another one mom?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment