"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friendship Bracelet Valentines



This year we went with the friendship bracelet route after seeing the idea on pinterest.
To see the original pin click here.

We ended up doing my daughter's very similar, but yet a bit different than the original.


We went with Hearts instead of circles and the favorite color of bright green for the heart outline.
It was my daughter's job to cut them all out herself and punched holes in each side with a paper punch.


She ended up making about 5 of the bracelets. It turns out braiding was a bit more difficult for my  year old than the other style of bracelet she has made in the past. But still way faster than knot bracelets she has made. Mom helped out of course and finished off the rest for her, she was in charge of color selection.


She was super excited to bring them to school today.


She spent some extra time on a special rainbow knot bracelet she promised her BFF. It took way longer than my braiding took. :) This is the kind of bracelet she enjoys making, but it would take way too long to make as many as she would need for her whole class.
The Valentines didn't cost much to make since we already had the materials.


Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments: