"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Literacy Week Costume Ideas

Funny how my kids tend to choose costumes that have to do with Books anyway. So here is a list of costumes I have made that have to do with a book theme.

Today my daughter headed to school in a

 Who Costume.
Who's are characters from Dr.Seuss books. The most well known Who is Cindy Loo Hoo who is a character in "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" But in "Horton Hears a Who" the Who's are discovered by an elephant named Horton them who finds them living on a speck that is located an a flower.
  Who costumes are really all about the hair. You can wear any bright colored and wacky clothes and it will look very much Whoish.


But the thing you have to get down is the hair. Who's are all about the hair.

We did a little sock bun with some hair then covered it with another outside layer of hair, secured with pony holders. Then we stuck a pipe cleaner into the center of the sock bun and wrapped around the bottom so that it would not poke her in the head. Then braided a braid around the pipe cleaner.

We couldn't resist adding a little friend up there.




Check out these links to my other "Book" related costumes.

C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia Costumes


    


     Prince Caspian




Photobucket







Photobucket


Keep Reading!!!

1 comment: