"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hanging Craft Tool Storage Frame


Grandma Bauer let me have a large white plastic frame. I knew I would find something to do with it.
I also got this aqua colored vinyl from my Grandma Gillis. I took both and tossed them in the garage. When I decided to go with a aqua and white theme for my craft room I knew I could find something to do with the vinyl. I also knew I wanted the white frame up there somehow.


While I originally thought I would want some peg board on one wall to hold up tools I wanted out of my kids reach, I started thinking I wouldn't end up using it for long or loosing interest in hanging things back up. Then I would be stuck with pegboard screwed into the wall.

So far for my craft room redecorating project, I have not bought a thing. I just keep thinking outside the box and finding things to re purpose or upcycle. So I started to think outside the box.

This is what I came up with.



I took the chicken wire out of the garage and cut it to the size of the frame. I also cut the vinyl to the same size as the frame. Then I assembled them so that the frame would hold them both. Then I used the drapery hooks I found in with some of the sewing supplies Grandma Gillis gave me, they made perfect hooks to hang my tools on the chicken wire.

Two other frames from grandmas to fill. These I plan on doing some sewing room stencil prints. I will show you when I am done with those, but that is a project for another day.

Moving right along!

Upcycling my way to a new craft/sewing room.


Linking up here:





Tip Junkie handmade projects


3 comments:

  1. The frame you used is beautiful! Such a clever storage idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really clever idea...found you on Tip Junkie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I found your blog through Kara's linky party today. :) I love it!
    I'd like to invite you to share your creations sometime at my weekly linking party as well. I am really trying to grow my party to include lots of creative projects just like this one. Thanks for the consideration and here is the direct link. ~ Tracy
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party

    ReplyDelete