"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Knot Dress

My daughter does not need any more clothes. As it is she has enough for two kids I am sure. Yet I keep seeing inspiration from others and this week my inspiration came from Two Little Bugs. It appears she has been inspired to make a few of the same things I have from Dana at MADE.  I love Two Little Bugs choices of color that she uses in gorgeous dresses. You can even buy them from her etsy store! The dress I fell in love with was her Love Bird Knot Dress.

While I know my daughter doesn't need anymore clothes I couldn't help but make one of these cute dresses, so I did so with the idea of making it for a local Mother's of Preschoolers group for their Silent Auction.

I had a bunch of fall florals in the basement that I got in a box of quilt fabric off of Craig's List. I paired it with some textured fabric I had gotten at Savers a year or two ago and some brown poly scraps I got in a fabric bag at a rummage this summer. This makes this dress almost totally made of second hand and upcycled materials, minus the thread. What do you think?


Photobucket


I sewed the stripped florals together to make a nice panel for the middle section. I did this mainly because I couldn't decide what to use in the middle and figured best to go with all three.
I am happy with how it turned out. Yet didn't get to finish it all the way. I broke my last needle. So all you get for now is these happy little snapshots.

Photobucket

It ended up being a size 3T-4T I am thinking I am going to have to make another in a smaller size. I am hoping I can go a little more funky with the colors. Maybe pink, blue, red and green like the Love Bug Dress. Just have to look though my scraps and get a new needle for my machine. :)

Had to link to Paisley Passions since I used a Paisley print. hehehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment