"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nothin' Fancy, Thankful Banner!

This is just a little banner that we have had up in our house for a few years now. I have saved it and put it back up. This is the third year. I still think it is cute and at night it casts letter shadows onto the fireplace marble. Looks pretty neat and you don't have to have a fancy paper cutter to do it yourself.

Photobucket


Used a word program and printed out the letters on to scrap paper in a font I liked. I usually go around 300 point font.

Then I just hold them over my card stock of choice and cut around them.
Just like this...
Photobucket


Then I got out a needle and used some thin silver chord I found at Walmart in the bow making section. Sewed them together and there you have it. I tossed in some leaf cut out shapes too for an extra fall touch.

Photobucket

I am thankful I can share all my projects with you.

Photobucket

You don't need a fireplace to use a banner like this. They look great hanging from a curtian rod by the window as well. :)

Linking up here:

Katie's Nesting Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment