"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Friday, October 7, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern Window



What you need:
Orange Roll Paper
Scissors
Tape

How:
Cover your window in orange roll paper tape down lightly. Cut out face of a jack-o-lantern. Secure all pieces to window with tape.


This is the inside view in mid daylight.
It glows even more in the evening when the direct sunlight is shining in.



My daughter colored in the face holes with her window markers when she got home from school. It make it just transparent enough but not translucent, but it still looks yellow from the street when lit at night. We just have our room lights on.



I have seen some done with cardboard with orange cellophane in the face holes, but this way the sun still shines though a bit in the day and turns that whole room orange and at night the whole pumpkin glows instead of just the face. Also it is still visible as an orange pumpkin in the daytime instead of brown cardboard.

We did a second window too!
That time we did a Spiderweb and Bat Window theme!




Linking up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment