"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Backyard Frisbee Golf

Photobucket
If you went to the Mayor's 4th of July picnic in Sioux Falls you not only got a yummy pork sandwich lunch but you also got it on a Frisbee for a plate.

Photobucket

Last night was beautiful! We wanted to take the kids to the park or for a walk, but they were not liking those ideas. They were really wanting to stay home. They have never NOT wanted to go to the park before and this left my husband kind of disappointed that he did not get to go the the park.
So off mom went to find an family activity we could all do but at home. Something fun and different than we had done before. The summer days of bubbles and sidewalk chalk are getting a bit dull for my crew.

Then I remembered the 5 Frisbees (we have five members in our family) so I came up with the idea of playing Frisbee golf!

Photobucket

It worked out great that everyone had their own Frisbee. No one had to share or fight or grab the other person's Frisbee.

Photobucket

We started by the deck and took turns and waited and watched each person complete the hole. This way Frisbees were not flying all at once, and we could all help count how many throws it took each person.

Photobucket


Photobucket
We wrote them down just for fun. Once we completed the hole, it was the next person's turn to choose what the next hole was starting at the previous hole.

Here are our holes.
Photobucket
Under the swing set!

Photobucket
Inside the fire pit ring.

Photobucket
Inside the soccer goal.

Photobucket
Inside the garden tee-pee.

Photobucket
Under the bench.

Photobucket
In the pool. (Make sure if you use a pool.. Make it the last hole, because if you kids are young like mine the Frisbee golf game quickly changes into water play.)

Photobucket
Whatever throw will work. We did not even give directions on how to throw, we just let them do it their own way.

Photobucket
My son liked the outside sideways throw the best.

Photobucket
Having five Frisbees came in handy for another game invented my my daughter after Frisbee golf was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment