"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, July 26, 2010

Super Snack Mix

Photobucket

This is a tried and true Mix that my friend's family introduced our family too back in my early High School years. It has been a summer staple in my household ever since.

This is so simple it is so crazy, but it is the perfect combo of salty and sweet!

What you need:
Golden Grahams Cereal (the non-generic version, trust me)
Pretzel Sticks
Dry Roasted Peanuts
Plain M&M's (I went a little heavy on the m&m's in the picture just to add some color.)

What you do:
Mix it together in whatever ratio looks even or good to you.

We carry it camping, pack it on picnics, and even bring it to our 4th of July pot luck bash each year. It is a hit, and people love to munch it all night while watching the fireworks.

We bring a big bowl of mix and plastic cups. Guests scoop some in their cups and munch away.

I think it lends itself to the campsite so well because it kind of has a "camp like" flavor of smores. The flavors of graham crackers, and chocolate are present, and the roasted flavor comes from the peanuts and a bit of sugary marshmallow flavor from the frosted coating on the Golden Grahams.

This year though I also discovered a super snack mix secret.

Shh...

I will tell you....

This stuff ROCKS on ice cream!!!

Photobucket

It is also a great way to use up the crumbs at the bottom of the bowl.

Yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment